Authors note :

Dear Elton merwyn Vaz readers,

The title here has "coloured", meaning "creative creation" and "grey matter", meaning "intellectual"...and hence "coloured grey matter - intellectual creative creation"... The material that follows from here onwards is completely my work in self experienced expression. Its intent is, as i will timely repeat - "To illuminate knowledge and experience and not to direct behaviour".. I urge my readers to read onward in this light...thank you reader, you may now go onward and spill your brains out....

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Match-up

I was in college today and I witnessed  a soccer match being played between the st. Xavier’s college team and another.…it reminded me of the times I used to be in the college team. The poem is the struggle between the want to relive that time and the need to move on.. because of the incapability to go back or remain….

A Match-up

I was in a story one time ago,
Of happy 12 and a ball to steal,
In crazy crowd, brought density
A real matter-o-fact, not evolved fantasy.

But present time becomes tomorrow’s memory,
Now is not a held commodity
In never ending motive and stride
You’ll fall if you live in your old slime.

Every story doth written on something else
Be it paper, a board or space imaginary
I am black and this is my white
Together, on each other we survive.

And today I am a background to a line of another,
An atom in embodiment of effect,
Un-consulted now remains that streak
That which was the source of energy is bent oblique,

With that view I see the studded club shooting,
In their moment I seize my pulse,
For they are now the energy, the source.
I am now in the crazy crowd.

And id want to go back to that post,
To be back to teamed constituency,
Swept away in shouting sounds.
Live another constant legacy.

But there aint no fruit that does’nt kiss the ground.
Who’evr stayed unmoved will be eaten dry,
Only a star could bear to stay uptight,
But its still got to burn and shed its light.

So in smaller vision I walk away,
Even smaller be my stride.
But eventually I will paw my way,
I will find that lions pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment